- 1 small head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized chunks
- 1/3 small napa cabbage, sliced into strips
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons tahini
- Harissa, to taste (~1 teaspoon)
- red pepper flakes, to taste
- warm water, as needed (~2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted cashews
- Heat oven to 450.
- Toss cauliflower, cabbage, and onions in olive oil on a sheet pan and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the veggies for 10 minutes, toss/stir to allow for even charring, then roast for another 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk together the garlic, lemon juice, tahini, 1 tablespoon of olive oil, harissa, red pepper flakes; add warm water and stir until it reaches a thick dressing consistency.
- As soon as the veggies come out of the oven, drizzle the tahini sauce over them, sprinkle the cashews on top, then toss until everything is coated.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
This is my version of Smitten Kitchen’s Crispy Cabbage and Cauliflower Salad recipe. I used napa cabbage instead of savoy (just because that’s what I had on hand), I squeezed more veggies onto the sheet pan (including onions in the mix), and I slightly adjusted the dressing amounts/ingredients. I also added cashews in at the end, which really rounds out the dish with a flavor and texture that I love.