- 1 pound ramen, whole wheat thin spaghetti, or whatever thin noodles you prefer
- 1/3 cup chopped peanuts, unsalted
- 1 bunch chopped scallions
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- cilantro for garnish
- 1/2 cup unsalted natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sesame tahini
- 3 tablespoons tamari soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dark sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons hot chili sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- Cook pasta al dente and drain.
- Put the peanut butter and tahini in a saucepan and heat slowly until melted. Add soy sauce, oils, vinegar and ginger. Add water in small quantities until you get a smooth paste that is as viscous as honey. Drizzle a couple tablespoons of honey into the mixture.
- Cool sauce to room temp; pour over noodles and mix thoroughly.
- Add peanuts and mix again.
- Garnish with scallions and sliced cucumbers and chill for an hour before serving.