- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups of coconut milk and/or heavy cream
- several sprigs of fresh thyme
- a couple fresh sage leaves, diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large butternut squash, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup shallots, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- a block of fresh gruyere cheese
- Put sweet potatoes in large saucepan, fill with water and bring to a boil. Let cook until soft.
- Drain sweet potatoes, add back to pan with butter and cream. Puree with an immersion blender.
- Add thyme, sage, salt, and pepper and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Boil the squash slices for 4 minutes and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Sprinkle salt, pepper, and coconut flour over the squash slices and set aside.
- Saute shallots and garlic in a skillet with butter.
- Layer half the squash slices in a 9×13 baking pan, then sprinkle half the shallots and garlic, then grate a bunch of gruyere. Repeat for second layer.
- Pour sauce over top, grate a thick layer of cheese on top, then bake for about 40 minutes.
Recipe adapted from this post on every day paleo.
This was delicious leftover the next day too!
Comments are closed.