- 2-3 sweet potatoes, cleaned and sliced into 1/3 inch thick discs
- 6 slices of thick cut bacon, diced
- 1/2-3/4 cup creme fraiche
- zest of 1/2 a clementine or small orange
- 3 scallions, diced
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Make the creme fraiche ahead of time, adding the clementine zest to the mixture before setting it aside at room temp.
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Saute the bacon for about 10 minutes, stirring to brown evenly, then drain and set aside. Reserve bacon fat for some other recipe because it’s great to cook with.
- Lay the sweet potato discs out on a couple sheet pans. Brush each disc lightly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Flip each disc over and brush the other side of each disc with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake sweet potatoes for 10 minutes, flip each disc, then bake for another 10 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Top each sweet potato disc with a dollop of the creme fraiche, and a sprinkle each of the bacon bits and scallions. Serve at room temp.
Recipe adapted from Whole Foods Market.