- 2 swordfish steaks, ~6 oz each
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and Romano cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- a few leaves of fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Trim skin from swordfish steaks, if any remains.
- Mix the bread crumbs, grated cheese, black pepper, cayenne pepper and a little bit of the cilantro. Press swordfish firmly into bread mixture so that it sticks to the fish. Flip and do the same for the other side.
- Heat oil in skillet until very hot, but before it starts to smoke. Place swordfish in hot oil and cook for 1 to 2 minutes (until crusted side is brown). Turn and cook the other side until golden brown as well.
- Once both sides have been cooked, remove and place in baking dish and place remaining bread crumbs over top.
- Bake at 400 for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve with desired sides and garnish with cilantro. (Tastes great served with Parmesan couscous and asparagus).