- 3/4 cup polenta
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 2/3 cups white flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups skim milk
- 1 (4 1/2 oz) can creamed corn
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 5 1/2 oz low-fat shaved ham, chopped
- 1 3/4 oz low-fat cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Sift the polenta, sugar, flour and baking powder into a bowl.
- Place the oil, egg and skim milk in a separate bowl, mix together well and pour into the dry ingredients.
- Add the creamed corn, scallions, ham and cheese, and stir together with a large metal spoon until just combined. Do not overmix; the mixture should still be lumpy.
- Spoon the mixture into 12 lined or greased muffin cups and bake for 20 minutes, or until the muffins are risen and golden brown. Leave in the tin to cool for 5 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool.