- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup ground walnuts (toasted), plus extra for garnish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package (8oz) wonton wrappers (thawed if frozen)
- water for dabbing
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- Place pumpkin in a bowl. Add nutmeg, walnuts, Parmesan cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and mix well.
- In the center of a wonton wrapper, place 1 tablespoon of the pumpkin-cheese mixture.
- Using the tip of your finger, moisten the edges of your wrapper with a dab of water. Place another wrapper on top and press down the edges with your fingertips and the tines of a fork.
- Place the finished ravioli on a baking sheet lined with saran wrap coated with 1 teaspoon olive oil (to keep the ravioli from sticking).
- Repeat steps 2-4 until all pumpkin is made into ravioli.
- Add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to a 6-quart pot of water and bring to a boil.
- Add the ravioli and cook for 1 minute. Remove from water and place in a bowl.
- To prep the sauce, melt the butter in a small pan over low heat.
- Add the sage, salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter until it turns a light golden brown. Remove from heat.
- Drizzle immediately over the ravioli. Sprinkle with ground walnuts and Parmesan cheese.