- 2 sticks butter, frozen and grated
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 egg
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grate the frozen butter and keep it in the freezer until ready to use.
- Combine cream, egg, rosemary, and lemon zest and allow to steep for about a half hour.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add grated butter and mix together with fingers until you get a crumb-like texture.
- Add cream/egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir with a fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Press dough together on floured surface and roll into a wide rectangle, keeping the dough about 3/4 inch thick.
- Slice dough into 8 squares, then slice each square in half diagonally to get 16 triangular wedges.
- Bake on parchment paper lined baking sheet for about 20 minutes, when they start to turn golden on the edges.
- Cool for about 20 minutes then serve warm or at room temp with a dollop of lemon curd.
Adapted from this Pioneer Woman recipe. I skipped the glaze entirely and just served the scones with fresh lemon curd on top.