- olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup zucchini or cucumber, diced
- 1 teaspoon butter or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked or drained from can
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- Heat a dash of olive oil in a skillet on medium high, then lightly saute the onion, red pepper, and zucchini.
- Add butter/coconut oil, ginger, garlic, and curry powder to the pan, cook for another minute, then remove from heat.
- Add the sauteed mixture to a food processor along with chickpeas, egg, egg white, salt, pepper, and lemon juice, then process to a semi-smooth consistency.
- Add a little more olive oil to the same skillet and bring back up to medium high heat.
- Scoop 1/6th of the chickpea mixture into the skillet and shape into a disc with a spoon; repeat process leaving some room between each cake.
- Lightly cook until brown (~4 minutes) then carefully flip to brown the other side.
- Remove, set aside, and repeat until all cakes are cooked.
- Plate and serve the chickpea cakes garnished with yogurt.
Recipe slightly adapted from Gourmet Nutrition cookbook.