- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups low fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix together flours, salt, baking soda and baking powder. Add raisins and stir. Add egg, oil and honey and stir. Gradually add buttermilk until you have a firm, but not stiff, dough (it will be very sticky to the touch).
- Put on a lightly floured board and knead for about 2 minutes (until dough becomes smooth). Flatten dough and put in a well-greased 9-inch round cake pan. Cut a cross on the top of the loaf, in the center, with a sharp knife.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes.
The salt is missing from the ingredients! <3
I don’t even know where this recipe came from, I think Jess crafted it years ago. This is definitely not our family version. I’ll see if I can find that and post it because it doesn’t seem to be on the site.
yay! i was actually looking for the family version when I found this one!
Comments are closed.