- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup blackberry jam
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 sliced scallions
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Place the chicken breasts in the slow cooker with no overlapping bits.
- In a small dish, whisk together the honey, soy sauce, blackberry jam, hoisin, olive oil, garlic, onion and crushed red pepper flakes, and pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Put the cover on the slow cooker and cook on a low heat for 5 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker (reserving the liquids) and put it on a cutting board. Use two forks to shred the chicken, then set the shredded heap aside in a bowl.
- In a small dish, whisk together the cornstarch with 3 tablespoons of cold water to make a slurry.
- Transfer the liquids from the slow cooker to a small saucepan set over a medium heat and whisk in the slurry. Bring the sauce to a boil and cook it until it reduces and thickens a bit (about 3 minutes). Pour the sauce over the chicken, and stir to combine.
- Serve the chicken topped with sliced scallions and sesame seeds.
Recipe slightly adapted from Just A Taste.