- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 fresh jalapenos, diced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper
- 4 pieces of flounder filet, or other thin fish like sole, or chicken thighs (I’ve made this with all of these before)
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatoes, diced
- a handful of chopped cilantro
- In a large skillet cook scallions in butter for a few minutes. Add jalapeno, cream, and salt, and bring to a simmer.
- Season the fish or chicken with salt and pepper. Add to skillet, cover, and simmer until cooked through. About 5 minutes for fish, more like 10 minutes for chicken. Transfer fish/chicken to a plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add tomatoes and cilantro to sauce in skillet and cook for a minute. Spoon over fish/chicken and serve atop greens.
Recipe adapted from epicurious and suggested by the Cape Cod Fish Share newsletter.