- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- Nilla wafers
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 can cherry pie filling or chocolate sauce and 5 or 6 Reese’s peanut butter cups
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and eggs together; add vanilla and beat again until smooth and fluffy. Place cookie flat side up in a cupcake liner in muffin tins.
- Spread filling over wafer (one heaping spoonful).
- Bake for 12 minutes at 350. When cool, top with preferred topping. Cherry pie filling is traditional and tasty, but the peanut butter cup cheesecakes have been a hit at parties. Chop up the peanut butter cups and sprinkle those over the cooled tarts. Then drizzle chocolate sauce over each tart. Refrigerate and serve.
Makes about 24. Recipe from Auntie Susie.