Looking for an easy, low-fat side dish to bring to a party? Or something that could be either a salad or a dip for tortilla chips? Maybe a make-ahead dish that will be fantastic as left-overs for lunch for the week? Or a vegetarian main? I’ve got all of your bases covered. Creamy beans, sweet red pepper chunks and corn niblets, crunchy pepitas, bangin’ cilantro flavor.
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 2 medium cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Mince onions and press garlic and let sit for 5 minutes
- Mix all ingredients together and serve
We had this as a side to some ribs that I’ll post about another day. 😉 The salad really added to the color pallet.
Inspired by this post on World’s Healthiest Foods.