- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds asparagus spears, roasted for about 8 minutes in 425 degree oven
- 8-16 thin slices deli ham, cut in half (depending on size of ham slices and number of asparagus spears)
- sliced tomato and/or sourdough bread to serve with
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over low heat; stir in the flour and salt.
- Gradually stir in milk; cook, stirring constantly, until thick and smooth.
- Add cheese; stir until melted.
- Wrap each asparagus spear with a slice of ham, then place in a baking dish.
- Place in a 375 degree oven and heat for about 10 minutes.
- Pour cheese sauce over roll-ups, then serve with tomato slices and/or slices of sourdough bread.