- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons Shaoxing or dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, minced
- 1 tablespoon peanut or avocado oil
- 1 cup water chestnuts, slivered or sliced into small chunks
- 9 large leaves of romaine lettuce
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- Combine the garlic, wine, and soy sauce in a medium bowl.
- Add the chicken, stir to combine, and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet on medium-high.
- Add the chicken and marinade mixture and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
- Add the water chestnuts and cook/stir for 5 more minutes until the chicken is cooked through (not pink).
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with romaine and bean sprouts on a separate plate.
- Assemble the wraps on individual plates as you eat them (i.e. put chicken and bean sprouts into a romaine leaf).
- Drizzle with Sriracha or your preferred hot sauce (or leave them naked) and enjoy!
Recipe slightly adapted from John Berardi’s The Metabolism Advantage book.