- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 egg whites
- 2 cups roasted and salted almonds
- 2 cups roasted and salted cashew nuts
- 2 cups walnut halves
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Madras curry powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- Place an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Spray a baking sheet, liberally, with vegetable cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy. Add the nuts and stir until coated. In a small bowl, combine the sugar, curry powder, cumin, garlic salt, cayenne pepper, cardamom, and cinnamon. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the nuts and toss until coated. Arrange the nuts in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 45 minutes until golden and fragrant. Cool for 1 hour.
- Using a metal spatula, remove the nuts from the baking sheet. Break the nuts into bite- sized pieces and place in serving bowls.