- 3/4 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoons molasses
- 1/8 ounce fresh yeast or 1/2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 whole bulb garlic
- In an electric mixing bowl using the hook attachment, mix the warm water, yeast, olive oil, and molasses.
- Add the flour and the salt. The dough will become a wet mixture but will remain a little sticky.
- Remove the dough and place onto a floured clean surface and gently knead into a soft ball.
- Place the dough in a mixing bowl brushed with olive oil and cover.
- Store in a warm humid area for about 30 minutes or until the dough rises to double its size.
- Wrap two bulbs of garlic in aluminum foil and roast in a medium heat oven until very soft, about 45 minutes.
- Squeeze the whole bulbs of garlic to release the soft interior.
- Slightly chop the roasted garlic until it resembles a puree.
- Portion the dough into 1 inch round balls, kneading in the roasted garlic while doing so.
- Place the portioned raw dough balls on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper approximately 2 inches apart.
- Cover with plastic and allow the dough balls to rise again.
- After 20 minutes, spray the raw dough balls with cold water, sprinkle with a pinch of the freshly grated pecorino, salt and pepper, and bake for 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
These buns are great for this meatball sliders recipe.