- 1 medium-sized eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 10 cloves of garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil (divided)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 cup whole wheat couscous
- 1 1/4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread the eggplant cubes out on a lightly oiled baking sheet and toss 8 of the whole cloves of peeled garlic on there too. Pour a light drizzle of olive oil over the vegetables. Salt and pepper, sprinkle lightly with cumin, curry powder, and cardamom. Put them in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- In a frying pan, lightly sauté your diced onion at a medium-low heat until almost translucent and then add two cloves of chopped garlic for the last two minutes of cooking. About 10 minutes total time.
- In a saucepan bring the chicken stock and ¼ teaspoon salt to a boil. Add couscous, stirring quickly. Cover and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
- Stir together the cooked couscous, onions and garlic, and roasted eggplant and garlic.