- 3 cups flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter (at room temperature)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 12 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375. Line baking sheets with parchment.
- Whisk together flour, salt and baking soda.
- Beat the butter on medium speed for a minute until smooth, then add sugars and beat until well blended. Beat in the vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, mixing on low for a minute after each addition.
- Add the dry ingredients in three installments, beating on low after each and just until incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Spoon tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets, leaving about 2 inches between.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until you just see brown at the edges.
- Let the cookies rest on the sheet, out of the oven, for about 5 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack.