- 1 1/2 pounds shelled edamame
- 1 cup sour cream
- 5 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 3 chipotles in adobo, chopped, plus 2 tablespoons of adobo sauce
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
- 1/2 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon chopped oregano
Make the dip:
- In a medium pot of boiling salted water, simmer the edamame until tender, about 8 minutes.
- Drain well and transfer to a food processor or blender.
- Add the sour cream, goat cheese, chipotles, adobo sauce, lemon juice, garlic and salt and puree until smooth.
- Stir in the oregano and transfer the dip to a serving bowl.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight.
Make the pepitas:
- Preheat oven to 375.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the pumpkin seeds with the olive oil, salt, coriander and crushed red pepper.
- Bake for 7 minutes, until the seeds begin to brown.
- Transfer the pepitas to a bowl and toss them with the lemon zest and oregano.
- Serve the dip at room temperature topped with the spicy pepitas.
- Serve with pita wedges, pita chips or veggies.