- 2 large turnip, peeled and diced
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1/2 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Boil turnip in a saucepan until soft
- Add cream, garlic, thyme springs, and a little lemon zest to a small saucepan and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Drain turnip and put in a bowl with butter.
- Strain the cream, discard herbs and garlic, and add cream to turnip.
- Puree with immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with thyme sprig.