This works equally well as a small salad, even tossed with spinach or salad greens for more bulk, or alongside salsa fresca for scooping up with a tortilla chip.
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and well-rinsed
- 1 can corn
- 4 bell peppers, a mix of colors, diced
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- juice of one lime
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- optional: if you love cilantro, it’s a great match for this salad.
- Mix beans, peppers, corn and onion in a large bowl.
- In a separate, smaller bowl, whisk remaining ingredients into vinaigrette. Ideally, you’ll have a 1/2 cup of dressing. Pour it over the bean mixture, toss it well and adjust seasonings to taste.