- 600 grams flour
- 395 grams warm water
- 225 grams fed/ripe sourdough starter
- 18 grams salt
- Combine flour and water by hand or in mixer with paddle just until a dough starts to form. Drape linen towel over dough in mixing bowl and set aside for 45 minutes.
- Add salt and starter to the dough and mix by hand until incorporated. Cover and let rise for an hour.
- Dust with flour and fold it over a few times. Cover and let rise for an hour.
- Dust with flour and fold it over a few times. Cover and let rise for 8-24 hours.
- A few hours before baking, turn dough out onto a floured surface and fold over several times.
- Liberally sprinkle flour along linen towel. Place round dough ball into towel then place towel into bowl or proofing basket. Let rise for 1-3 hours.
- 30 minutes before baking, preheat oven to 525. Put cast iron dutch oven with lid into oven while it heats.
- When ready to bake, pull out the dutch oven, remove lid, and sprinkle cornmeal along the bottom.
- Lower oven temp to 450.
- Transfer the round dough from towel/bowl into the dutch oven. Give it a light shake to even it out if necessary. Score the top if desired. Put the lid back on and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove lid and bake for another 12 minutes, or until internal bread temp is 210.
- Turn bread out onto cooling rack when it’s finished baking.