This recipe could serve a few different purposes: it could give you a great way to use up an excess of kale, it could give you a great alternative to yet another mixed greens salad, or it could give kale a whole new flavor profile in your head that you just can’t get over because you love it so much. Or, like Neil, you could really dislike it, which is fine. Not everyone can share my love of all things green and funny looking that are meant to be ingested. But, really, I did love this salad.
- 1 pound kale
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 medium clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop your kale leaves into 1/2-inch slices, and cut again crosswise (stems included)
- Add the kale to a steamer basket and cover and let steam for 5 minutes
- Transfer to a bowl and toss with Mediterranean Dressing ingredients while still hot
This recipe was inspired by a post on World’s Healthiest Foods.