- 1 loaf French bread cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 10 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half or cream
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 (or prep ahead of time to chill overnight and bake in the morning).
- Place half of the bread cubes in a 9×13 baking dish. Scatter with pieces or spoonfuls of cream cheese and then sprinkle with blueberries. Cover with the remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, combine all eggs, half and half/cream, syrup, and melted butter and mix well. Pour this mixture over the bread cubes in the baking dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes and serve with syrup on the side.
*Note: substitute any type of bakery rolls or croissants, sweet bread, challah etc. for the French bread.